What is UC?
UC is a major, campus-wide technological initiative that integrates telephone, email, and calendaring services for faculty and staff. UC improves the technology upon which these services are based and provides a substantial reduction in the cost of these services.
Unified Communications for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Others explains who's eligible for which UC services.
Unified Communications Help and Guides
The Help and Guides pages include information on getting started with UC, daily use, and special features.
- Getting Ready for Lync includes topics like how to download and install Lync, how to choose and configure hardware, how to forward your old phone to your new Lync number, and more.
- Things to Consider When Purchasing Devices for UC at Illinois includes information about the optional accessories that can be used for voice and video communication.
- Once you're set up, Using Lync provides information about how to use Lync on Windows, Mac, and mobile devices.
- Resources for IT Pros provides campus IT professionals with additional technical information about UC and a collaborative space for gathering campus knowledge about equipment, troubleshooting, and more.
- The UC FAQ answers frequently asked questions about UC and computers, email, phones, and more.
Help and Training
The CITES Help Desk is here to help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-7000.
UC Training Classes are offered by FAST3 (A WebStore Service).