CITES Service Requests (formerly called TSRs) are used to order services from CITES Service Request Management. Only unit coordinators are authorized to submit Service Requests.
If you are an allied agency that has an @Banner Account number, please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org As with University Departments, SRM needs additions or changes to Unit Coordinators within your agency. If you need to add/change/delete a Unit Coordinator, please use the CITES Unit Coordinators Application/Change Form.
Please work with your department's unit coordinator if you would like to request a service. To find out who your unit coordinator is, contact Service Request Management at 333-1161 or visit https://pinnacle.cites.illinois.edu/pinnacleweb/AccessList.html. Please note, unit coordinators within allied agencies who have an @Banner number, will not appear in the list.
If you are a unit coordinator, log in to the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite page to make service requests.
The Pinnacle Communications Management Suite has web pages that open in new browser windows. Before you use the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite pages, disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from the site.
- NetID and NetID password
- Web browser:
- PC Windows Platforms
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher
- Netscape Navigator version 7.2 or higher
- Firefox version 1.0x or higher
- Mozilla version 1.7.8
- MAC OS X 10.x Platforms
- Firefox version 1.0x or higher
- Netscape version 7.2
- Mozilla 1.7.8
- Linux Platforms
- Firefox 1.0x or higher
Employees of state and allied agencies that do not have NetIDs cannot access the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite. If you cannot use the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite / Illinois Department Portal, please use our paper TSR form available through Campus Stores, stock # 11-48-8200.
- Go to the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite page.
- Use your NetID and NetID password to log in.
- The initial page contains links to both UIS and Illinois Customer and Department portals. Unit coordinators will use the Illinois Department portal to request services.
Only Unit Coordinators who are registered with CITES are authorized to access the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite. If you cannot access the Pinnacle interface, contact Service Request Management at 333-1161.
- Click on the Illinois Department Portal link.
A new window opens.
- A welcome page will open; you will see services | my reports | help | logout in the upper right hand corner. Click on services.
- The Pinnacle Communications Management Suite/Illinois Department Portal is a cart/check out application, much like on-line merchants. Service Requests are stored in the cart and you are allowed to submit the requests as multiple or individual requests through the checkout process.
- Once you have checked out, you will receive an order confirmation:
- A confirmation screen appears, thanking you for your order and providing you a Service Request number.
- Within two hours, an email message containing the request and the Service Request number is sent to the email address provided when you were set up as a unit coordinator.
- Within three business days, a Service Request Management representative will email final confirmation of the order to your email address. The confirmation will include the Service Request number, installation date, charges, and any special information regarding the order.
All service requests submitted after 3 P.M. will not be processed until the next business day.
If you need to change your Pinnacle Access Information, such as your organization code, NetID, email address, etc, please submit a new CITES Unit Coordinators Application/Change Form.
To prevent an unauthorized person from altering or submitting a CITES Service Request, you will be automatically logged out if the system does not detect activity, such as typing or clicking on links, for one hour.
The Pinnacle Communications Management Suite / Illinois Department Portal window will continue to be displayed, but when you attempt to navigate within the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite / Illinois Department Portal, you will be returned to the Bluestem login screen. Unfortunately, any data you may have entered that was not saved in your cart will be lost, so you will need to start over.
If you have problems using the Pinnacle Communications Management Suite/Illinois Department Portal, call CITES Service Request Management at 333-1161 during regular business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday). If the SRM staff is not able to help you immediately, they will refer the problem to a manager who will contact you and help resolve the problem.
To add or remove a person as a CITES Unit Coordinator, the CITES Unit Coordinators Application/Change Form must be filled out and submitted to Service Request Management.