CITES, through its OnSite Consulting service, can send trained computer service technicians anywhere in the Champaign-Urbana area. Like Best Buy's Geek Squad but at a drastically lower price, OnSite consultants bring their expertise directly to you: To your office, house, apartment, or dorm room. Or, if it's more convenient, you can schedule a time and place to meet with a consultant and drop off your machine.
Pricing and Services
At $40 / hr. for regular service or at $80 / hr. for emergency service (less than 1 business day's notice), CITES OnSite consultants are fast, efficient, and affordable. In most cases, service calls can be completed in under 1 hour!*
We offer a wide range of services including but not limited to:
- Departmental & home networking assistance
- Virus removal
- OS repair
- System upgrades
- Software installation
- Hardware installation & problem-solving
- Technical support & troubleshooting
Following is a complete list of services, including client eligibility and cost information:
|Service Description||Client Description||Cost|
|Regular service – Client will be contacted within 2 business days to schedule appointment.||Faculty, Staff, and Students on Urbana campus||$40/hr|
|Emergency service – Consultant will arrive within 24 hours to work on computer problems.||Faculty, Staff, and Students on Urbana campus||$80/hr|
|Extended hourly service – A consultant is assigned to a department to provide computer support. Normally 4-10 hours of work per week is scheduled.||Departments on Urbana campus||$40/hr|
|Discounted service – Same as our regular service but at a discounted rate.||CITES IT Support Services departments with fewer than 32 contracted service units||$28/hr|
|Volume discounted service – Same as our regular service but at a steeply discounted rate.||CITES IT Support Services departments with more than 32 contracted service units||$24/hr|
OnSite Consulting Service Limitations:
- Generally, OnSite consultants service computers in the Champaign-Urbana area only. Clients will be charged travel time if the consultant has to travel off-campus.
- The client should provide any new hardware (if it is needed to fix a computer). While other options are available at an additional cost, they may cause delays in completing the service call.
- OnSite Consulting will attempt to fix those problems which appear to lie within the abilities of its consultants. However, not all computer problems can be addressed by this group. OnSite Consulting will make a good-faith effort to fix all problems within its abilities.
Please read our OnSite Sample Service Level Agreement (SLA) in PDF format.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an OnSite appointment, use our OnSite contact form or call 217-333-8628 during regular business hours. In your message, please include your name, NetID, a contact number, your location, and a short description of your needs. A consultant will contact you within two business days to schedule an appointment. Calls made after business hours, on weekends, or on campus holidays may increase response time by one business day.
OnSite Consulting employs highly skilled, customer service driven University of Illinois undergraduate students. If you are a student and interested in working for this professional IT team, please fill out a student application for employment.