CITES provides University departments, administrative units, colleges, and research facilities with experience and expertise in computer support, technology implementation, network administration, and Web development.
In addition to ensuring system security and reliable service availability, IT Support Specialists will work with you, in your unit's facilities, to:
- Solve connectivity issues with networks, servers, and desktops
IT Support Specialists
- perform server, desktop, and network administration
- provide hardware configuration management and support
- develop disaster recovery protocols and solutions
- initiate software planning, configuration, and installation management
- provide computing and network requirements assessments and recommendations
- provide technology planning and equipment replacement cycle, including implementation and timetables
- Create and maintain a professional Web presence
- ensure Web solutions align with the strategic goals of your unit
- conceptualize and communicate complex Web projects and solutions
- communicate technical requirements
- design pages that meet and maintain usability and accessibility standards
- develop workflows and processes to support your Web site's lifecycle
- integrate new and existing University Web applications
- provide servicebased support with performance metrics
Beginning July 1, 2010, you can contract with CITES for as many or as few IT Support Service Units (SU) as align with your technology needs and budget.
Which support services align with the needs of your unit—a single skill set or a combination? Prior to providing you with an IT Support Specialist, CITES will conduct a needs assessment to identify your current infrastructure, ITrelated roles, and processes, as well as determine core responsibilities and skill sets to be provided by both the IT Support Specialist and the unit.
To schedule a free needs assessment, contact IT Support Services.
- One Service Unit equals 100 hours of support and is the minimum engagement amount
- Approximately16 SUs equals a consultant working full time in a unit for an entire fiscal year
- SUs are generally spread evenly throughout a fiscal year; although, exceptions based on unit need and consultant availability may be considered
- Clients may contract for any number of SUs in a fiscal year
- Clients will be billed monthly, at $42.50/hr, for IT support received during that month
When you partner with an IT Support Specialist, your benefits include:
- Tradition – For 17 years, CITES’ IT Support program has provided campus clients with customer-driven, professional IT services balanced with centralized, professional management of technology staff and projects.
- Experience – Clients capitalize on the combined experience and expertise of an entire team of consultants, who continually work to acquire new skills through professional development and peer-to-peer knowledge exchanges.
- Flexibility – Clients can contract for one-time projects or ongoing support. Plus, back-ups are readily available, during planned absences or in cases of emergency.
- Accountability – Clients pay only for services received.