If you don't remember your NetID password, you can reset it in four ways:
- Online: If you have set up your security questions, you can use them to reset your NetID password with the CITES Password Manager.
- Setting security questions now will allow you to reset your NetID password if you forget it in the future. To set your security questions, go to the CITES Password Manager.
- In person: Bring a photo ID to the CITES Help Desk.
- Within your department: If your department or unit has a password registrar (that is, someone authorized to set or reset passwords), you may contact that person for assistance.
- As of August 15, 2011, faxing in a password change is no longer permitted.
NOTE: If you use a Mac OS X computer or an Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you may also need to reset your wireless password in your Keychain application. If you do not reset your wireless password in your Keychain, you may find it difficult or impossible to log back on to IllinoisNet Wireless. See Reset Your Wireless Password in the Keychain of Your Mac OS X Computer, Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad for more information.