Only valid in Fiscal Year 2012
The below billing change is valid in FY12 only.
During FY12, CITES will be moving units from the current Centrex telephone system to the new Unified Communications voice system. The new campus per-capita funding model for CITES bundled services, which includes Unified Communications, will go into effect July 1, 2012 (FY13). Beginning with the CITES July 2011 billing cycle, units will notice changes in your monthly billing. These changes are necessary to continue funding the cost of the current Centrex service while transitioning campus to the new system.
CITES fixed monthly telephone transition charges now have Activity Codes!
The fixed monthly Telephone Transition Charge has been modified to offer additional detail for units using activity codes in FY12 if applicable. The monthly amounts remain FIXED based on the June billing. The August billing will show the proper activity allocation for both July and August.
Units can continue to request CFOP and Activity Code changes
CITES can change CFOPs and/or activity codes assigned to any Telephone Transition Charge for the TOTAL AMOUNT billed to a CFOP but the billing amount remains frozen in FY12. The dollar amount of any fixed monthly Telephone Transition Charge cannot be modified by “transferring” in/out a partial service component charge.
If a voice service is disconnected, it will not change the amount of the Telephone Transition Charge. If a voice service is added, it will not change the Telephone Transition Charge. One time and toll charges still apply based on consumption.
CITES Services monthly statement
The monthly billing statement from CITES is available in both excel and PDF formats. You can find your departmental statement under my reports, outputs at Pinnacle Departmental Portal: https://pinnacle.cites.illinois.edu/pinnacleweb/main/index.html
The Telephone Transition Charge is a part of your statement based on June 2011 usage. If you would like to see the detailed breakdown for it, please refer to your June 2011 statement.
Detailed listing of voice service components
CITES will be billing departments a fixed monthly recurring charge (MRC) based on June FY11 voice service usage. This fixed MRC will cover charges for the following voice service components aggregated into a single MRC with the description of “Telephone transition charge” and billed at a CFOP level.
- FEATURE - ACD
- FEATURE - ACD SUPERVISOR
- FEATURE - CALLER ID
- GROUND START LINE OPTION
- TELEPHONE FEATURE - SPEED CALL GROUP 30
- TELEPHONE FEATURE - SPEED CALL INDIVIDUAL
- TELEPHONE FEATURE - SPEED CALL GROUP 70
- TELEPHONE DIRECTORY LISTING
- MAINT CHRG - STANDARD MULTI-LINE SET M5009
- MAINT CHRG - MULTI-LINE AND SPEAKER PHONE M5112
- MAINT CHRG - ADD-ON MODULE M518
- MAINT CHRG - DISPLAY MULTI-LINE SET M5209
- MAINT CHRG - DISPLAY ACD MULTI-LINE SET M5212
- MAINT CHRG - MULTI-LINE DISP & SPKR PHN M5312
- MESSAGE UNITS - LOCAL CALLS
- VOICEMAIL SINGLE LINE LAMP MESSAGE WAITING
- TELEPHONE - ELEVATOR
- TELEPHONE - EMERGENCY
- TELEPHONE - WIRED EXTENSION IN SAME BLDG
- TELEPHONE - ADDITIONAL SINGLE-LINE STATION
- TELEPHONE - ADDITIONAL SINGLE-LINE STATION-CITES
- MULTI-LINE STATION
- MULTI-LINE STATION-CITES
- MULTI-LINE SPLIT BY 2 AUS
- MISC VOICE SERVICE
- 332 BECKWITH LINE SERVICE
- OFF CAMPUS MISC. VOICE SERVICE
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE-CITES
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE OUTSIDE C-U
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE MISC SERVICE OUTSIDE C-U
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE SPLIT BY 2 AUS
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE SPLIT BY 3 AUS
- TELEPHONE - SINGLE LINE SPLIT BY 4 AUS
- TELEPHONE - UNIFORM CALL DISTRIBUTION
- UCD REPORT DATA
- VOICE MAIL - 5 ADDITIONAL MINUTES
- VOICE MAIL - SBC STANDARD MAILBOX
- VOICE MAIL - BASIC MAILBOX
- VOICE MAIL - DELUXE MAILBOX
- VOICE MAIL - DELUXE MAILBOX WITH FAX
- VOICE MAIL - DEPARTMENT MAILBOX
- VOICE MAIL - STANDARD MAILBOX
- VOICE MAIL - STANDARD MAILBOX WITH FAX
- VOICE MAIL - EXTRA MAILBOX OR EXTRA CALLBOX
- VOICE MAIL - GUARANTEED FAX MAILBOX
Long distance toll service will continue to be billed on a usage basis as a separate line item. This includes any domestic and international long distance calls placed from existing Centrex telephone lines as well as from any Unified Communication voice lines.
Moves, adds, and changes for existing campus Centrex system
Voice adds and disconnects may be requested. However, the transition charge will remain fixed throughout FY12. Installation and equipment charges for moves, adds, and changes will continue to apply. Service requests will continue to be processed by CITES Service Request Management as usual.
Please direct any rate-related questions to CITESemail@example.com.
Other service related questions should be directed to the CITES Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.