On June 9th CITES EdTech successfully moved Illinois Compass to more robust server hardware and upgraded the software to Blackboard Enterprise Vista 4.2. Summer courses and continuing courses are being taught on the pilot server (http://compass-pilot.uiuc.edu) and the migration of older course sites to the new Compass is underway (Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 are almost complete). New course site requests for the Fall are also being built on the new system. Anyone with a U of I campus NetID can now log into the new Illinois Compass production system (http://compass.uiuc.edu) and most instructors should see courses they've taught in the past year listed there. The basic timeline for building and migrating course sites is as follows:
- Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 course sites have been moved. A small number of course sites being moved from the old Compass to the new Compass have had migration issues and are still in the process of being moved over to the new system.
- New Fall 2007 requests are being built.
- Spring 2007 Compass Pilot course sites are being moved now.
- Continuing course sites currently being hosted on Compass-pilot should be moved by early August.
- Summer I and II 2007 course sites will be moved in early August.