What You'll Need
To sign up to use CITES NetFiles, you will need:
- A computer with an Internet connection
- A web browser (see a list of Supported Web Browsers for CITES NetFiles)
- Your UIUC Active Directory (AD) password.
Step 1: Setting Your AD Password
Before you can use the CITES NetFiles service, you will need to have your AD password. If you already know your AD password, you can skip to step 2.
- Go to the Password Home Page.
- Click the CITES Passwords bar. You will be redirected to another page where you will need to enter your NetID and NetID password.
- For convenience, you can reset all your CITES passwords simultaneously. In other words, you will use the same password for Active Directory, email, and ICS computer labs. If you do not wish to reset one of your passwords, uncheck the box next to that password.
- Choose a new password and type it into the first text field; then confirm the password by retyping it in the second text field.
- Click Set Passwords. A confirmation page will appear.
- If your password reset was successful, click Quit and Logout. If not, click Try Again.
The first time you use CITES NetFiles, you will need to sign up for the service by visiting the NetFiles Signup Page. You will need to sign up for CITES NetFiles only once.
- Enter your NetID and NetID password to begin the signup process.
- Click Continue.
- Your account will be created almost immediately, but it may take a few minutes for the appropriate information to be distributed to all CITES NetFiles servers. To avoid problems, please wait at least 5 minutes between signing up for CITES NetFiles and logging in for the first time.
Step 3: Logging In
The fastest way to get started with CITES NetFiles is by using the CITES NetFiles web interface.
- Open your web browser and go to https://netfiles.uiuc.edu.
- Enter your NetID in the Username field and your AD password in the Password field. Both are found in the left navigation.
- Click Go.
You can also access CITES NetFiles using a WebDAV client. For more information on using this software, please see Getting Started With CITES NetFiles.