Your CITES NetFiles account has a 500 MB default quota that is used up as files are stored and regained as files are deleted. Please note that your Trash folder counts against your quota. None of your files are truly deleted until you empty your trash. The Empty Trash link is located in the left navigation.
NetFiles allows you to allocate specific amounts of storage to folders that you have created, though the quotas of the three default directories (www, shared, and trash) cannot be changed. When you are working with other people in your NetFiles account it is a good idea to limit the quota for that specific folder. By limiting the size of folders you ensure that no one accidentally fills your entire NetFiles quota.
To check your quota:
- Log in to your NetFiles on the Web.
- Look in the grey bar at the bottom of the page to see both your storage quota and available space for the current folder.
- Click the Setup link in the top toolbar to view the storage quota for your entire account.
To set a storage limit on a specific folder:
- Select the folder you wish to limit.
- Click the Manage button located in the upper-left portion of the Document Manager.
- Enter the folder's new storage limit in the text box and click Apply.
Note that your directory quota is separate from your NetFiles bandwidth quota. Regardless of available storage space, you are permitted 1 GB of data transfer per hour, cumulative, based on all transfers to and from all of your NetFiles directories.