Apply by: July 1, 2012
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, telephone, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
CITES has an opening for a Student Employee Service Management Coordinator in Instructional Computing Services (ICS) group. ICS provides reliable solutions for academic computing needs, from everyday services like internet access and printing to instructional classrooms and a knowledgeable student based support staff. We currently manage approximately 800 desktops in 20 locations across campus as well as employ eight student operations assistants and over 80 students. Additionally, the person will manage classroom reservations and software requests requiring a high level of customer relations with faculty, teaching assistants, conference coordinators, and other campus staff to determine what classroom hardware and software is needed for classes and to work with technical staff to ensure that classrooms are properly provisioned and staffed for use.
Job Duties (include but not limited to)
- Acts as a primary liaison to Colleges and Departments by providing client service information regarding classroom and/or lab usage, CITES services, IT consulting, and other services on a continuous basis.
- Coordinate student employment activities in groups of CITES, including but not limited to Instructional Computing Services, Service Center, Classroom Support, Digital Media, On-Site consulting; and support other transient needs.
- Works directly with faculty, staff, and students in coordinating access to technology, application distribution, mobile devices, laptop support, multimedia devices, and other CITES technology tools.
- Develops and maintains professional rapport with customers (faculty, staff, and students) and the campus community by both formal and informal networking.
- Analyzes business needs and recommends process changes by creating and maintaining business reports on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Identifies and improves processes to gain efficiencies and consistency.
- Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and communication to faculty and staff in support of CITES mission to support the research and teaching needs of the campus.
- Effectively communicates information and processes to clients.
- Maintains HR, OBFS, and Student Employment policy and procedure knowledge.
- Researches and recommends system and operating tools in support of student operations.
- Provides direct support and management of all operational aspects of CITES student workforce on a 24 X 7 availability.
- Develop, establish and maintain student workforce policies for CITES to ensure consistent treatment of student workforce.
- Recruit, train, and manage student workforce.
- Act as the liaison with Student Employment, Financial Aid, and/or Graduate College.
- Work with other CITES areas to develop scheduling and monitoring methodologies for students. Assign and review work for student employees.
- Manage, audit, and approve bi-weekly student payroll.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive oversight of student workforce ensuring ethical, efficient and effective behavior.
- Maintain documentation and audit student performance.
- Provide disciplinary action as required for non-performing student employees.
- Train and assign mentors for student workers.
- Manage billing for third parties utilizing classrooms and labs.
- Work with CITES Management and Planning to accurately cost services offered for CITES services.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all assets and their location, coordinates with CITES Management & Planning offices, and participate in annual physical inventory of assets.
- Monitor alarms and act as vendor contact for alarm systems.
- Perform physical security management including key management, distribution, tracking and retrieval working with Facilities and Services lockshop.
- Reports and coordinates with Facilities and Services on operational and maintenance issues for building/space maintenance including HVAC, power, physical structure and infrastructure.
- Coordinate and schedule spaces with Facility Management and Scheduling
- Act as knowledge expert and resource for ticketing and/or work order system(s).
- Provides training on CITES services, technology, and tools.
- Order and track supplies inventory
- Participate in support for Operational and Facilities projects.
- Ensure excellent Customer Service throughout CITES.
- Partner with the CITES Service Desk by setting and managing the expectations of customers; acts as an advocate for CITES clients in service planning and deployment across the organization; and resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Communications or Management.
- Experience recruiting, training and/or managing staff.
- Experience resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Experience in participating in diverse workgroups.
- Experience working with faculty.
- Experience working in a computing lab/classroom environment.
- Understanding of University purchasing and acquisition process (within CITES preferably).
- Experience managing payroll.
- Ability to work with vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Lync
- Customer service and a service oriented methodology
- Experience creating content for a Content Management System
Appointment Status and Salary
This position is a regular, full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment and includes salary and a benefits package (24 vacation days; health, dental, vision; SURS retirement). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting date can be before or after the closing date. There will be no relocation costs included in this package. Applicants should have a valid authorization to work in the United States by the start date of the position.
For full consideration, applications should be received by July 1, 2012. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone/email of three professional references in one file. Online application will require names and contact information for three professional references. Three letters of recommendation will be required for all Search Finalists. Employment requires a criminal background check. For further information about this position, please contact Rhonda Miller at email@example.com or call (217) 333-4222.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).