Apply by: June 28, 2012
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, telephone, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The CITES Business Office processes approximately 2,000 purchase requisitions each year, including thirty to forty new contracts for telecomm, software licensing and professional services. The Senior IT Procurement Analyst will provide an array of business services to the CITES internal units, including bid and RFP development, contract negotiation, and implementing and managing fiscal procedures. The incumbent will be expected to work with management and staff of CITES units to streamline and implement strong fiscal controls.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the main procurement and contract liaison to the campus and to the CITES Business Office in absence of the Lead IT Procurement Analyst.
- Manage CITES Operational Level Agreements (OLA) and Service Level Agreements (SLA), while ensuring compliance with various levels of policies and regulations.
- Represent CITES on University-level projects, such as Contract Management System, Purchasing Roundtable, iBuy RFP development and evaluation.
- Coordinate with CITES units and OBFS Purchasing to develop purchasing requests for proposal and bids.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the fiscal procedures for CITES unit’s financial operations.
- Responsible for identifying issues, developing solutions, and streamlining business processes and policy.
- Works with the various stakeholders to ensure the implementation of Pinnacle Service Management system is coordinated cohesively and efficiently.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of unit fiscal operations.
- Works with Lead IT Procurement Analyst in the negotiation, approval, and oversight of purchase contracts.
- Provide training to CITES staff on purchasing systems and methods, contract management, iBuy, etc.
- Assists Lead IT Procurement Analyst with Asset Management on occasion.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in training programs, seminars, classes, etc.
- Ensure excellent Customer Service throughout Management and Planning.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration or Finance)
- Three years of experience with purchasing, bidding, contracts and business operations.
- Knowledge of the University of Illinois’ business system, ie: Banner and knowledge of University’s purchasing policies and rules.
- Experience with using business application software, such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and web tools.
- Basic understanding of information technology services.
- Knowledge of Universities Business Policies and Rules
- Experience with purchasing, bidding, contracts
Appointment Status and Salary
This position is a regular, full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment and includes salary and a benefits package (24 vacation days; health, dental, vision; SURS retirement). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting date can be before or after the closing date. There will be no relocation costs included in this package. Applicants should have a current valid, legal authorization to work in the United States.
For full consideration, applications should be received by June 28, 2012. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone/email of three professional references in one file. Online application will require names and contact information for three professional references. Three letters of recommendation will be required for all Search Finalists. Employment requires a criminal background check. For further information about this position, please contact Lori Oakes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 333-4222.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).