Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, telephone, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
This is an academic hourly position. The technical writer writes, edits, and organizes information about CITES services to help distinct user groups of various technical levels effectively use CITES services. This position involves working closely with subject matter experts, such as service administrators and support staff.
- Collect information from subject matter experts
- Write, edit, and organize technical content for users groups of various technical levels
- Create screenshots of application menus, forms, and other interface elements
- Verify technical accuracy of technical content with subject matter experts
- Transfer technical content to CITES web site
- Review CITES web site for out-of-date technical content
- Related technical writing and content management duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey technical information to various user groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with HTML
- Proficient with word processing software
- Ability to work well with others
- Detailed knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient with screen capture and/or image editing software
Appointment Status and Salary
This is an academic hourly position that pays $18-20 per hour and does not include benefits. There will be no relocation costs included in this package. International applicants should have green card status before applying.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and a sample of your technical writing to email@example.com by November 17, 2011.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).