This page lists the services that the CITES Help Desk offers through walk-in, phone, email and chat. If you have questions about the best way to contact us for your particular situation, please give us a call and a consultant will be able to direct you.
The CITES Help Desk does not have the capacity to accept and repair desktop computers or hardware components. Those who need help repairing their computer can contact OnSite Consulting, a fee-based service that sends a consultant to your home or office.
To use the following services, visit the CITES Help Desk in Room 1211 Digital Computer Lab (see Contact Information for directions).
- Anti-Virus CD pick-up
- NetID password resets
If you have lost or forgotten your NetID password and have not set security questions, you must reset it in person. If you know your current NetID password or have set your security questions you can change it online at the self-service CITES Password Manager.
- Laptop and hand-held device support
The Help Desk looks at laptops or hand-held devices by appointment only. Please call 217-244-7000 to ensure that a time slot can be reserved for you. Common issues that the we can assist with are:
- Issues with any Level 1 or Level 2 supported software
- Email client setups or troubleshooting
- VPN/Wireless connectivity problems
- Virus or malware issues that persist after running the AVCD
- operating system restores or installations
- data recovery
- hardware installations or repairs
The Help Desk will assist with the following issues by walk-in, phone, email or chat:
- Issues pertaining to CITES-provided services
- Login and access problems
- Questions about computer or application features
- General troubleshooting
- Help Desk-supported software assistance
Please be aware that problems occurring on your computer are best answered by phone when you are sitting in front of your computer.
For a complete list of supported software, see the Help Desk's Supported Software list.