CITES Help Desk Student Consultant
The CITES Help Desk is seeking students to fill several part-time consulting positions. The Help Desk provides phone, email, chat, and walk-in computer support for campus faculty, staff, and students. We most commonly assist with email issues, password resets, computer virus infections, wireless or networking problems, and other issues related to CITES services.
The minimum time commitment for this position is 10 hours per week.
- Familiarity with CITES passwords and their functions
- Working knowledge of CITES email systems, U of I Box, and Illinois Compass
- Familiarity with CITES networking services, such as UIUCnet wireless and VPN configurations
- Familiarity with computer security best practices
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, especially Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS X
- Ability to speak to people of varying technical expertise in person, over the phone, and by email/chat
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a conscientious manner
- Punctuality, responsibility, and accountability
To apply for the CITES Help Desk Student Consultant position, fill out the online application form. Note: These positions are not related to the CITES Instructional Computing Services lab consultants.