MeetingPlace to retire August 31, 2013
Both CITES and ACES are retiring their e-Conferencing (Cisco MeetingPlace) systems on August 31st. After this date, no conferences - existing or new - can be held on this legacy conferencing service.
All conferences currently scheduled on the CITES MeetingPlace system occurring after August 31st, 2013 MUST be rescheduled on Lync conferencing or elsewhere.For more information, see Cisco MeetingPlace eConferencing retirement.
Before you can schedule any meetings, you must create a MeetingPlace profile. (Once your profile is created, you can use it for scheduling all future meetings.)
- Log in to https://e-conferencing.illinois.edu/profile/ and provide:
- Your NetID
- Your department
- Your unit or group name
- Your University account ID (CFOP)
Note: Any conferencing fees associated with a meeting that you schedule will be charged to the CFOP associated with your profile.The Banner CFOP is the account number CITES will use to charge the fees for your teleconferences. A CFOP normally takes the form 1-123456-123456-123456.
If you have any problems creating a profile, contact the CITES Help Desk for assistance.
Once you have a profile, there are 3 main ways to schedule a meeting in MeetingPlace: through the web interface, with an Outlook plugin, or by dialing a phone menu.
Login to schedule through the web interface
Information about the web interface is available as:
- A printable two-page Web Scheduling Quick Reference card (PDF)
- A four-page Scheduling Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- The Scheduling through the Web Interface online video tutorial.
Visit The Outlook Plugin for information about how to install and use the Outlook plugin for scheduling.
You can also print the two-page Outlook Quick Reference card for future use.
Information about scheduling by phone is available as:
- A one-page printable Phone Features Quick Reference card (PDF)
- If you schedule a meeting and no one has connected to your meeting by up to 30 minutes past the meeting start time, the system will end the meeting and mark it as a no-show.
- Users can start dialing in 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the meeting.
- The maximum meeting length that can be scheduled is 8 hours.
- The maximum audio/phone ports that can be scheduled is 100.
- The maximum video ports that can be scheduled is 12.
- If your meeting has more attendees than you anticipated when scheduling, the system will auto-expand both users and minutes as long as resources are available on the system, so please schedule conservatively.
- The moderator or scheduler is not required to attend or start a meeting, however at least one moderator is preferred during a web conference
- More scheduling options available under "More Options" on the top right hand side of the screen when scheduling through the web
- As a security measure, do not set your meeting password same as the meeting ID or something that can be easily guessed such as 1234
- If you schedule for others and wish the meeting invite and billing information contain their name, you can sign up for the "On Behalf of" feature. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.