Protecting Your Computer
CITES Security provides a wealth of information about protecting your computer, including:
- New to Campus Security Tips
- Working Outside of the Office
- Secure Your Home Wireless Network
- General Security Training Reference Links
Protecting Your Data
- Backing Up Your Data
- Avoiding Identity Theft
- Protecting Sensitive Data
- How Far Should My Data Be Encrypted?
- Erasing Your Hard Drive: Disk Scrubbing
- More ways to protect your data
Computer Security Training
CITES offers several computer security training options for University of Illinois community.
The CITES Life Safety team collaborates with the Division of Public Safety to offer the following services to campus:
Computer acting strangely?
You may have a virus.
Other Urgent Computer Problems
Reporting Security Incidents
Stolen password, hacked computer, compromised email account, etc.
The source for news and policy information about secure computing