Eligibility for Exchange 2010 accounts
Some campus individuals are automatically eligible for Exchange 2010 accounts; others can have accounts created for them by request.
Whether or not you are automatically eligible for an Exchange account depends on your identity type in the campus identity management directory. If you want to see whether your identity type qualifies for an Exchange account, log in to the Electronic Directory Editor and look at the contents of your uiucEduType field.
Automatically eligible for Exchange 2010 accounts
People in the following groups (determined by the following types) are automatically eligible for Exchange 2010 accounts:
- Urbana faculty, staff and academic hourly employees (required type: staff)
- Urbana graduate and professional students (must have type "student" and level code must be 1G, 1V or 1L)
- Urbana allied staff (required type: allied)
- UIC Medical (required types: must have both extramural and allied-medical)
- UIC Nursing (required types: must have both extramural and allied-nursing)
If you are a member of one of these groups and would like to create an Exchange 2010 account for yourself, log in to https://partnercomputing.illinois.edu/ to begin the process.
Account created by request
People in the following areas (determined by the following types) can have Exchange 2010 accounts created for them by request:
- Urbana guest users (required type: special)
- Urbana retirees (required type: retired)
- Urbana Lifelong Learning students (required type: olli)
- University High School students (required type: unihigh)
Your login and password serve as your identity within the campus computing system and control access to sensitive personal information. Because of the potential for harm, it's very important that you never let anyone else use your account, login, or password not even your parents, siblings, friends, or roommates. Any sharing is against campus computing policy and could result in losing your account privileges. A complete guide to the University's computing policies is located at: http://www.cio.illinois.edu/policies.html